Why Outsourcing IT Just Makes Sense
Is your IT team stretched too thin?
Between ongoing projects and daily support tasks, taking care of an entire business’ IT can be a tall order, especially if your IT team only has so much expertise and experience. After all, there’s only so much they can do.
That’s not to mention the shortage of available and skilled workers in the IT field right now. Both in the IT industry and the business world as a whole, organizations like yours are struggling to find the right people to fill the gaps in their staff.
That’s why outsourcing your IT makes so much sense — discover more in our latest video:
The Limits Of Your IT Team
Regardless of how well-intentioned they are, if your IT team is pushed beyond their capabilities, your business will suffer. IT issues will take longer to fix. Projects will stall. Service quality will plummet.
For years now, CEOs have been worried about the growing demand and falling supply of skilled tech workers. The COVID-19 pandemic has only exacerbated that disparity, and it’s getting worse.
The bottom line is that your IT staff doesn’t have the resources to handle everything on their plate. Maybe this only happens when a project comes up, or maybe it’s just a seasonal issue when the office gets busy. In either case, you’re in a tough spot — you probably don’t want to hire additional full-time employees to help out if you know they won’t be needed all the time, right?
This has prompted many businesses to have to hire unskilled or unqualified labor, shouldering the burden of training them and dealing with the mistakes they make. The fact is that IT support isn’t just a matter of getting someone to handle something you don’t have time for. You’re not hiring someone for unskilled labor – you should be working with someone that has knowledge and skills that you don’t have yourself. You should be hiring an expert.
Why Do You Need IT Expertise?
Given the wealth of knowledge available online, and how user-friendly technology is getting these days, you may be skeptical that expertise and experience are even necessary to support your IT.
Unfortunately, you would be wrong about that.
Sure, with enough research and time available to you, you might be able to find a solution to your IT problem every now and then. But, even if that’s the case, time is a resource you don’t always have – that’s why you should invest in the expertise you need to offload the work altogether.
What Expertise Should Your IT Team Have?
If you can agree that you need to outsource your IT to someone who knows what they’re doing, then let’s move on to what that expertise should actually look like:
- Business Experience: As vital as knowledge of IT is to the services your IT team delivers, business acumen is just as important. Understanding, from firsthand experience, what your needs are, and the challenges it puts up with every day, will allow your IT team to better match the right solutions to your obstacles.
- Extensive Experience: Above we talked about how it’s important for IT teams to capitalize on trends for their clients’ benefits. Frankly, that’s an oversimplification. The truth is that the IT industry is full of new developments, each of which could be a real, beneficial trend to invest in — but it’s more likely to be a gimmick that won’t achieve much in the end. Telling the difference can be difficult, but it gets easier with time. The right IT team will have seen countless IT fads come and go. Not everything is the “next cloud” – those with the right experience and expertise will know the difference.
- Technological Expertise: You need to discuss the technologies you use every day, and make sure your IT team knows how to support them. The key is in finding the IT team that can offer industry-specific expertise and unique service that can’t be found anywhere else. In addition to understanding the technology you use, they should also understand and actively apply the potential of new technologies – such as the cloud – to help you improve the way you work. You don’t want to miss out on the latest and greatest in IT innovations. The right IT team will be able to give you the advantages that come with the most recent applications of the solutions you already rely on. Specific applications and services, when properly implemented and supported, will allow you to do what you need to in a more productive and efficient manner.
What Can You Do To Fill Your Tech Roles?
Instead of trying to hire who you need from the increasingly small and under-compensated tech workforce, you can outsource your tech needs to an IT company like Atlantic IT instead. It’s the simplest and most direct way to mitigate the realities of the local tech workforce we explored above.
You don’t have to hire, train, manage or directly compensate any internal tech staff – we’ll do it for you. Furthermore, by partnering with Atlantic IT, you’re not only overcoming your own tech-related challenges, but you’re also contributing to a better workplace for a part of the local tech workforce. We take pride in offering rewarding and well-compensated work for our staff members.
Atlantic-IT.net Will Fill The Gaps In Your IT Team
Working with us doesn’t mean you have to fire your current IT team. We can work with your organization to whatever degree works best for you, whether that’s a fully managed arrangement or a co-managed arrangement.
Co-managed IT services allow you and your IT team to take advantage of the expertise and skill offered by our team of IT specialists when needed, without paying expensive salaries or benefits to have them on your staff.
It’s an affordable solution that allows you to expand your current IT resources and make sure you always have the tech support you need, no matter what comes up. Whether you need multiple team members to handle ongoing tasks, or a specific role filled that you can’t hire for, we’re here to help.
Atlantic-IT.net Has The IT Resources You’re Looking For
Our team has the expertise and experience you need to manage your IT concerns. Here’s how to outsource your IT needs with Atlantic-IT.net:
- Get in touch with us to book a free consultation at a time that works for you.
- Tell us about the gaps in your IT team you need to be filled.
- Let us match our expert and experienced team to your needs.