Everything You Need to Know About VoIP Business Phones
Maybe you’ve had a well-established remote workforce for the past few years or maybe you’re like millions of other organizations that are approaching remote work for the first time. Regardless, you need to make sure your remote workers are able to communicate with one another, customers, and partners. This is simply non-negotiable. Sure, smartphones and email can help, but what if there was a way to allow them access to their work line, no matter where they’re located or what device they have on hand?
This is exactly how VoIP works. Essentially, VoIP stands for voice over internet protocol – meaning it allows you to make and receive calls over the internet. This means your staff members have access to their work line from any device or location, as long as they have an internet connection. Basically, their work line follows them wherever life takes them – home, on the road, in the office – everywhere they go, they can stay in touch.
How Do VoIP Business Phones Work?
Instead of using traditional wire copping, VoIP business phones use the internet as they’re hosted in the cloud. You don’t need to worry about purchasing and maintaining a ton of complex hardware. It’s one simple system that can be set-up to ring on their computer, smartphone or a traditional desk phone. Your team members can:
- Access their work line and all applicable extensions from home.
- Receive voicemails via email when calls are missed.
- Transfer and/or forward calls to co-workers.
- Host conference calls with multiple people at a time.
- Record and save calls and/or meetings.
- And much, much more.
In the simplest terms, VoIP lets your team members do everything they can normally do in the office – and even more because you get access to enterprise-grade features at a fraction of the cost.
What Features Are Included In VoIP Business Phones?
The features included depend on what you need. You pay a flat-rate fee for the amount of users and features necessary. However, the most commonly enjoyed features include:
- Do not disturb
- Call hold
- Call monitoring
- Call forwarding
- Music on hold
- Send/receive texts via phone
- And much more
What Are The Benefits Of VoIP Business Phones?
VoIP business phones are fantastic for remote workers, as well as those in the office. Why? Because they’re incredibly flexible in terms of cost, installation, and features. Here are a few of the most common benefits businesses achieve:
- Quick installation and configuration with minimal or no onsite equipment necessary and simple-to-follow instructions – making VoIP business phones ideal for remote workers.
- Easy ability to scale up or down without needing to install any confusing or complicated hardware. Instead, you can add or remove users via the user-friendly interface.
- Fewer costs for communication as phone bills are typically reduced by up to 50% due to making and receiving calls over the internet. This is particularly helpful if you’re calling long-distance.
- Communicate anywhere via the softphone application that allows employees to make and receive calls via their desktop, laptop, or mobile device wherever they’re located.
How Do VoIP Business Phones Benefit Sales Professionals In Particular?
One of the biggest benefits of a VoIP business phone is the ability to customize your phone number as needed for anywhere in the world. If you have sales professionals that are prospecting in other areas, they can set-up a unique phone number so the person on the other end isn’t receiving a call from an unfamiliar area code. Basically, a local number has a far greater chance of being answered.
For sales professionals, the ability to customize their phone number increases the chances of making a sale with someone in another location. A local number gives reassurance that the caller isn’t a scam or something negative. Instead, it creates a degree of trust before the conversation has even started.
How Can You Get Started With VoIP Business Phones?
Atlantic IT is here to help you get started with VoIP business phones. We’ve helped many of our clients transition to VoIP business phones for simplified, more productive remote work. We even use them ourselves. You can trust that our team will set you up quickly so you can enjoy the many benefits of VoIP business phones right away. After all, our “always clients first” focus means we provide unparalleled customer service and expert support.
Let’s work together to empower your workforce to be more productive, communicate with ease, and overall, work more efficiently…